Does a person assisting an angler need a license?

Yes.  However, anyone needing assistance - due to a permanent physical disability that prevents them from fishing - may apply for a Disability Assistance Permit.

The permit allows a licensed designated person to actually harvest fish while accompanying the permit holder.  For more information or applications, contact KDWP Law Enforcement at (620) 672-5911.