This public land information is being provided as a service to hunters. It has been prepared as a guide only and is not a complete list of regulations. For more detailed legal information, contact the KDWP Law Enforcement Division, or complete regulations may also be viewed or printed online.
To View all KDWPT Public Lands and specific location regulations, go to the locations section of the website.
Camping is allowed in designated areas only. Target shooting is allowed only in designated
Commercial guides MUST HAVE a permit, application below, to guide on public lands (this includes Walk-in Hunting Areas).
The permit is free and must be specific to the land where guiding takes place. Baiting while hunting or preparing to hunt is illegal on public lands. Only two portable blinds or tree stands are allowed per hunter. Portable blinds may not be left unattended overnight. Tree stands and portable blinds must be marked with the owner’s name and address or KDWPT number. Decoys may not be left unattended overnight.
Fill out the application and send it to:
Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks & Tourism
512 SE 15th Ave
Pratt, KS 67124
BLINDS ON PUBLIC LANDS AND WIHA
Blinds and tree stands may be used on department lands, subject to posted requirements and under the following conditions:
- tree stands may not be placed more than 14 days prior to the season and shall be removed within 14 days of the close of the season;
- ladders, screw-in metal steps, and steps attached by ropes, cables, or chains may be used to access stands and must be removed with the stand;
- natural blinds may be used and shall be constructed of natural herbaceous materials or woody debris that are present on the site;
- any person may use these stands if not occupied;
- only two portable blinds or tree stands per department-owned or managed area are allowed per hunter;
- portable blinds and tree stands must be parked with the owner’s name and address or KDWPT number;
- portable blinds may not be left unattended overnight; and
- any stand not conforming to the requirements may be removed or destroyed by department staff.