Tuesday November 10 2009
Can I place a treestand on one of KDWP's public lands?
Blinds and tree stands may be used on department lands, subject to posted requirements and under the following conditions:
- They may not be placed more than 14 days prior to the season and shall be removed within 14 days of the close of the season.
- Ladders, screw-in metal steps and steps attached by ropes, cables or chains may be used to access stands and must be removed with the stand.
- Natural blinds may be used and shall be constructed of natural herbaceous materials or woody debris which are present on the site.
- Any person may use these stands if not occupied.
- Any stand not conforming to these requirements may be removed or destroyed by department personnel.
<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5pKhEhKUbCk&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5pKhEhKUbCk&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>
Scouting is an important step in the process of hunting turkey.
There are no options.