Tuesday September 07 2010

Recreational Handgun Shooting
I know I need a HIP stamp to hunt doves, but the early teal season opens Sept. 11; what stamps do I need to hunt teal?

All hunters 16 or older must have a Federal Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamp, and all hunters required to have a hunting license must also have a HIP stamp and a Kansas Waterfowl Habitat Stamp to hunt teal. Nontoxic shot is required and shotguns must be made incapable of holding more than three shells. The early teal season is Sept. 11-26 in the Low Plains Zone and Sept. 18-26 in the High Plains Zone. Daily bag limit is 4 and possession limit is 8. Refer to the Migratory Birds page for more information.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oXaawqkasuo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oXaawqkasuo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

34 Million Americans shoot targets for recreation with firearms. Recreational shooting is a great way to enjoy the Kansas Outdoors.

There are no options.