For some hunters, part of the preparation for fall hunting seasons is replacing a lost or destroyed hunter education certificate. The basic fee for a duplicate certificate is $11 and there are four ways for a hunter to obtain a duplicate certificate. A duplicate can be obtained online, or by writing or telephoning the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks’ Pratt office (620/672-5911), or by visiting any of the following KDWP locations:
Regional offices (Hays, Dodge City, Wichita, Topeka, and Chanute)
state park offices ; or
• department offices located in Emporia, Pratt, or Lenexa .

The Kansas Hunter Education Program was established by the Kansas Legislature in 1972. More than 400,000 hunters have been certified by the program since it began, thanks to the efforts of volunteer instructors around the state.

Youth 15 and younger may hunt without hunter education, if directly supervised by an adult 18 or older. Otherwise, anyone born after July 1, 1957 must have hunter education certification in order to hunt in Kansas. In addition, persons under 27 years of age must carry an approved hunter education card while hunting in Kansas (unless exempt as described above). KDWP accepts approved hunter education course certification from all other states.