FREE PARK ENTRANCE DAYS, FREE FISHING DAYS SET
Park Entrance Days vary; Free Fishing Days June 3-4
PRATT -- Many Kansas outdoorsmen and women look forward to two special events offered by the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks: Free Park Entrance Days and Free Fishing Days. These days give everyone interested in exploring Kansas outdoors an opportunity to test their interests free of charge.
While Free Fishing Days are the same two days statewide -- June 3 and 4 this year -- Free Park Entrance Days vary among state parks, depending on special events each park emphasizes. Dates for 2006 Free Park Entrance Days include the following:
- Jan. 14-15 - Milford;
- April 15-16 - Cheney and Sandhills;
- April 22-23 - Kanopolis;
- May 5-6 - Clinton;
- May 6 – Fall River, Elk City;
- May 6-7 – Cross Timbers, Meade, Pomona, Prairie Dog, and Webster state parks;
- May 13-14 – Eisenhower and Scott state parks;
- May 14 - Crawford;
- May 20-21 – El Dorado;
- June 3 - Glen Elder;
- June 3-4 – Perry, Prairie Spirit Rail Trail;
- June 17-18, Wilson;
- June 18 - Crawford;
- June 24-25, Cedar Bluff;
- Aug. 19-20 - Tuttle Creek;
- Sept. 9-10 – Hillsdale, Lovewell;
- Sept. 30 – Fall River;
- Oct. 28 - Elk City; and
- Nov. 4 – Glen Elder.
For more information, contact individual state parks or visit the KDWP website .