COMMISSION MEMBERS DRAW 2007 BIG GAME PERMIT WINNERS
Seven Kansas organizations named recipients of fund-raising permits
Seven Kansas conservation organizations were each awarded a 2007 Commission Big Game Permit in a drawing conducted at the Kansas Wildlife and Parks Commmission meeting Jan. 11 in Winfield. A total of 119 organizations submitted applictaions for the seven available permits.
Winners of the permits include:
* Friends of the NRA, Ottawa chapter (deer permit)
* Friends of the NRA, Topeka chapter (deer permit)
* National Wild Turkey Federation, Lawrence chapter (elk permit)
* Pheasants Forever, Solomon Valley chapter (deer permit)
* National Wild Turkey Federation, Ottawa chapter (deer permit)
* Ducks Unlimited, Shawnee Mission chapter (deer permit)
* Pheasants Forever, Flint Hills Chapter (deer permit)
Commission big game permits were first awarded in 2006. Winners purchase the permits and typically auction them off at their respective conventions and banquets to raise funds for conservation projects. Last year’s seven winners raised a total of $49,000 for conservation projects in Kansas.