STATE PARKS GEARED FOR RICH ASSORTMENT OF JUNE EVENTS
Special events, free park entrance days to be held at many parks
Each month, Kansas state parks (SP) conduct special events, some in conjunction with Free Park Entrance Days, some to celebrate a special historical event or geological attribute of an individual park, and others just for entertainment. Each park sets its own dates for these events, including Free Park Entrance Days.
Events are diverse and may include anything from a marathon race to boating courses and equestrian events. Many are educational and all are designed to enhance the fun of visiting Kansas state parks. For more information on state park events, see the Event Calendar.
This spring, heavy rains have caused flooding at many lakes, leaving some campsites and other facilities either under water or littered with debris. Park goers are urged to phone the park they intend to visit before traveling.
Contact information for all state parks may be found here.
The following is a list of upcoming June events:
- June 21-24 -- Country Stampede Music Festival at Tuttle Creek SP, 785-539-7941;
- June 22-24 -- Tour de USA Heartland Bicycle Festival at Wilson SP, 785-658-2465;
- June 22 -- Educational program at Cross Timbers SP, 620-637-2213;
- June 23 -- National Bass Anglers Association fishing tournament at Milford, 785-238-3014;
- June 23 --Miami County Livestock Association Trail Ride and Fundraiser at Hillsdale, 913-783-4507;
- June 23 -- Educational program at Fall River SP, 620-637-2213;
- June 24 -- Competitive horse trail ride at Kanopolis SP, 785-546-2565;
- June 29-July 1 -- Toronto Days 4th of July Celebration, Campsite Decoration Contest, and fishing tournament at Cross Timbers, 620-637-2213;
- June 30 -- Volleyball tournament at Glen Elder SP, 785-545-3345;
- June 30 -- Friends of Pomona SP Horseshoe Pitchin' Tournament at Pomona SP, 785-828-4933; and
- June 30 -- Fireworks display Independence Day Celebration at Lovewell SP, 785-753-4971.