PRATT — The Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks (KDWP) has announced that a few more than 550 leftover nonresident deer permits remain available as of Nov.4 — in Unit 10

Leftover permits are those that were not taken in the May nonresident application period. They are Whitetail Either-Sex permits (hunter designates equipment/season choice, as well as one adjacent unit, at time of purchase) and will be sold to any nonresident who did not successfully draw a 2009 permit. Leftover permits are sold on a first-come, first-served basis at license vendors, online at the KDWP website (www.kdwp.state.ks.us), or by phoning 620-672-5911 and asking for Licensing. Permit holders must also possess a 2009 nonresident hunting license.

Hunters who purchase a leftover permit will lose any preference points they may have accumulated for next year's drawing. Applicants who were successful in the nonresident drawing may not purchase a leftover permit. No hunter may purchase more than one permit that allows the take of an antlered deer. An antlered deer permit is required before purchasing a Whitetail Antlerless-Only Deer permit.