HELP YOUR FAVORITE STATE PARK WIN $$$ IN THE “AMERICA IS YOUR PARK” CAMPAIGN
Coca-Cola project to present $100,000 to park voted best in nation
TOPEKA — Every summer, families from around the nation visit Kansas state parks to camp, boat, fish, and just have a great time together. Parks are important for an active, healthy lifestyle. To encourage people to visit parks and also help their favorite park receive badly needed additional funding, Coca-Cola is sponsoring the second annual America Is Your Park campaign.
Through Sept. 6, Kansas state park enthusiasts have the chance to support their favorite state park with just the click of a button. Visit LivePositively.com to vote for your favorite park, and the park with the most votes wins the title of “America’s Favorite Park,” along with a $100,000 recreation grant from the Coca-Cola Live Positively initiative. The second-place park wins a $50,000 grant, and the third-place park gets a $25,000 grant. Coca-Cola is providing these recreation grants to parks around the country to help restore, rebuild, or enhance activity areas in the park
How to Vote
From now through Sept. 6, visit LivePositively.com to vote for your chosen park to win big. Show your support by voting in the following ways:
- vote online at LivePositively.com, or click on the Coca-Cola logo on the KDWPT website, www.kdwpt.state.ks.us to visit the Live Positively site;
- upload photos from your favorite park to LivePositively.com;
- check in through Facebook Places from your favorite park; and
- upload videos of activities in your favorite park to LivePositively.com (starting Aug. 10).
You can also visit LivePositively.com to download and share videos featuring fitness icon Jake Steinfeld, founder of “Body By Jake,” and popular TV and radio host Ryan Seacrest.
Spreading the Word
LivePositively.com also has digital toolkit materials you can use to get your community involved, including the following:
- sample Facebook and Twitter posts;
- an article that you can adapt and place in your community newspaper, blogs and/or newsletters ; and
- downloadable poster to print and hang in your favorite park to encourage people to vote.
Kansas state parks are great places for families to be active and have fun this summer. So get out and bike, hike, swim, fish, or play games – just get active in the park!