#1 Chicken Creek
Type: Modern Cabin
The Facility is ADA Compliant
Just a short drive from the main entrance road, a gravel driveway leads up to the cabin area. The first cabin you'll see is Chicken Creek Cabin, a one-bedroom cabin with a great view of the lake from its porch. All cabins have concrete parking and patio areas with picnic tables and grills, as well as large campfire rings.
The cabins are outfitted nicely inside, too. Each has a refrigerator/freezer, four-burner electric stove/oven, microwave, toaster, coffee pot and all the utensils you'll need.
- Bathrooms are comfortable with a walk-in showers, vanities, mirrors and flush commodes.
- The master bedroom include full beds and sofa. The futon in the living area fold down to full-size bed. The living area also include a pull-down twin Murphy bed.
All you need to bring is your bedding and towels, as well as food and beverages.
The state park is located on a bluff 80 feet above the water, but there are several places on the trail system that will get you close to the lake shore.
Two access points to the North Shore Hiking/Biking trails are nearby.
- Just east of the Wakarusa River cabin, you can access the trail system. There is an eagle blind in the wooded area near there, and you’ll have a great view of the Clinton Marina Cove. The marina offers slip and boat rental and can be contacted by calling 785/749-3222 or visiting clintonmarina.co. Anglers will find convenient access to the lake shore.
- Trails can also be reached by following the red handrail west of the shelter near the entrance of the cabin area, across from the shower house. Steps lead down to the hiking/biking trails. The White Trail is marked with paint on trees and leads to the easier Blue Trail, which takes hikers closer to the water. The Red Trail is more difficult; please use caution.
- At most entrances to the hiking/biking trails, there will be trail maps to help you keep track of where you are and what you might see in that area. A master copy of that map will also be in your Welcome Packet we’ll leave in the cabin for you. It’s really quiet and beautiful on the trails. Keep an eye out for wildlife and enjoy this awesome addition to the state park. Don't forget sunscreen and bug spray before heading out on the trails
Check In and Out Times
- Check in time is 2:00 p.m.
- Check out time is Noon
Entry Key Codes
Door Entry Codes will be the last four of your reservation number.
Like us on Facebook for Cabin pictures and details. http://www.facebook.com/ClintonStatePark
Set in Aug of 2010