Terms and Conditions
- The number of campsites available for reservation will vary by park – in most parks about half of the sites can be reserved. The rest will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Shelter and group campground reservations can be made through the park office where the facilities are located.
- When camping is allowed at a state fishing lake or wildlife area, sites are available only on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved.
- Please note: You may reserve a campsite from April 1 to Sep. 30. From Oct. 1-March 31 they are only available on a first-come, first-served basis.
When you reserve online or pay your fees in person you will be asked for information required by the state’s Child Support Enforcement laws (K.S.A. 32-918 and K.S.A. 23-495). We cannot issue a recreational permit to people who have not paid child support as required by law.
A campsite reservation and associated fees cover the cost of the campsite. Vehicle permits are sold separately.
- Only one camping unit is allowed per site.
- Check in time is 2 p.m. daily for all overnight facilities. The check out time for cabins is noon, while check out time for campsites is 2 p.m.
- If you reserved a campsite or cabin, and do not arrive within 48 hours after your scheduled arrival, we will cancel your reservation unless you make prior arrangements through the park office.
- A weekend campsite or cabin reservation requires a two-night stay which must include a Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun night stay.
- A holiday weekend campsite reservation requires a minimum of five nights’ stay, which must include some portion of the holiday. For cabins, three nights are required, which also must include some portion of the holiday.
- Payment in full is required at the time the reservation is made.
- Payments are accepted online or by phone using MasterCard, Visa or Discover. Reservations made online or by phone must be paid in full by credit card at the time of reservation.
- Payments made in person at the park office may be paid for using MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or cash. Money orders and checks are accepted with approval.
- There is a non-refundable transaction fee per campsite, picnic shelter or facility.
- There is a non-refundable reservation fee per cabin.
We encourage you to go online and enter your customer profile data in advance. This will speed up your reservation process in the future. To ensure a campsite during peak season campers are encouraged to make reservations in advance of their camping trip.
Rental cabins and campsites in the reservation system can be reserved in one of two ways:
- Visit the online reservation system anytime at KSOutdoors.com.
- Campsite reservations may be made beginning in mid-December for the following year. They must be made two days in advance.
- Cabins may be reserved up to 364 days in advance of the planned stay.
- Contact any Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism state park office or the Parks Division at the Pratt Operations Office, 620-672-5911, 512 SE 25th Ave., Pratt, KS 67124-5911 during normal business hours.
All Kansas state park campsites use a numbered, color-coded post to identify each site. The color of the site number will indicate the type of amenities available:
Green = Primitive Site
Yellow = Electric Only
Blue = Electric and Water
White = Electric, Water and Sewer
- If a red “R” is shown, the campsite is reserved. If the site is available, a card on the campsite post will indicate if the site is available for one or two nights.
- If a reservation has not been made, in order to occupy the site, the camper must place their camping equipment on the site, then take the “Vacant” card to the park office or permit station and pay for the site.
- Campers who arrive after business hours must take the card to the office or permit sales station by 10 a.m. the following morning to register.
Self-pay vehicle and camping permits are available for one night only. Additional days may be purchased at the park office or permit sales station.
- Cancellation requests may be submitted online at any time. During normal business hours, contact the KDWPT park office connected to your reservation if you have difficulties or call the KDWPT Pratt Operations Office at (620) 672-5911. If you reserved a campsite or cabin, and do not arrive within 48 hours after your scheduled arrival, we will cancel your reservation unless you make prior arrangements through the park office.
- Cabins may be reserved from 364 days to three days in advance. A reservation fee will be charged.
- Cancellation 30 or more days prior to arrival date: results in a refund minus the reservation fee.
- Cancellation 29 to five days prior to arrival results in a refund minus one night rental fee and the reservation fee.
- Cancellation four days or less prior to arrival date or after arrival date will result in all fees being forfeited.
Campsites and Shelters:
- Campsites may be reserved anytime during the current calendar year up to two days in advance of a planned stay. Transaction fees are nonrefundable.
- Cancellation 15 days or more prior to arrival date results in a refund minus the transaction fee.
- Cancellation 14 to three days prior to arrival results in a refund minus one camping night and transaction fee.
- Cancellation less than three days prior to arrival results in a forfeiture of all fees.
- Cancellation within the minimum window of stay results in a forfeiture of all fees.
- If you notify the park office to shorten your stay within 14 to three days of arrival, this will result in a forfeiture of fees for one night camping.
Contact the Parks Division at the Pratt Operations Office, 620-672-5911, 512 SE 25th Ave., Pratt, KS 67124-5911.