KDWPT Mobile Aquarium
Overview - The Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks, and Tourism (KDWPT) own and operate a mobile aquarium (MA). The purpose of the MA is to increase public awareness and appreciation of Kansas’ fisheries resources, increase interest and participation in recreational fishing, and aid KDWPT in staying connected with the citizen’s of Kansas. The MA is 40 foot long and holds 3,200 gallons.
The Milford Fish Hatchery is home to the MA and the MA display fish. At events across the state of Kansas, the MA displays many Kansas sportfish and non-game fish. Species typically on display include; largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, spotted bass, white bass, striped bass, hybrid striped bass (wiper), bluegill, green sunfish, longear sunfish, channel catfish, blue catfish, flathead catfish, buffalo, common carp, walleye, sauger, saugeye, redear sunfish, black crappie, white crappie, longnose gar, spotted gar, freshwater drum and many more. All MA fish, except for the stripers, were collected from Kansas waters using standard fisheries science collection techniques. Fisheries biologists are on hand at MA events passing out literature and talking with you the public about the state's fish resources.
Come on out and see us and the newly wrapped aquarium!
News Articles about the Mobile Aquarium
2016 Event Schedule (subject to change)
May 7th and 8th: Kansas Sampler - Winfield, KS Island Park
July 22nd and 23rd: Coffey County Fair - Burlington, KS
September 9th-18th: Kansas State Fair - Hutchinson, KS
- September 19-18: Kansas State Fair
- June 24-25: The Bass Federation Central Championship and KS High School Bass Championship
- February 11-13: Topeka Boat and Outdoor Show
- September 10-19: Kansas State Fair
- July 29-31: Finney County Fair
- May 14-15: Wichita River Fesitval
- Mar 6-7: AMBUCS Fest, Salina
- Septemeber 11-20: Kansas State Fair
- May 15-16: Wichita River Festival
- May 2: Black Hoof Park Grand Opening and Lake Lenexa Re-opening
- February 6-8: Topeka Boat and Outdoor Show (View Photos)
Mobile Aquarium Contact Form
Kansas Department of Wildlife & Parks
512 SE 25th Ave., Pratt KS 67124
Or use this form to email your questions and comments to KDWP