Making a Cabin Reservation
- Persons 21 years of age or older may make reservation requests. Reservation can be made by telephone, internet, mail or in person one year in advance at the Regional Office. Phone or internet reservations can be made with a credit card. There is no entry fee for this area.
- Cabin rates are $70 per night plus a non-refundable reservation fee of $12.00 for each transaction. A damage/cleaning fee of $70 will be collected if the cabin is damaged or left unclean at checkout. Please contact the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks, 300 SW Wanamaker Road, Topeka, Ks 66606, (785) 273-6740, or Reserve Online.
About Refunds and Cancellations
- The $12.00 cabin reservation fee cannot be refunded. Other refund and cancellation rules can be found in Terms and Conditions.
- Cabins are reservable year round. Prices are subject to change. Reservations will be handled on a first come first served basis.
Check In and Checkout Time
- Arrangements will be made at reservation to allow you access into the cabin. If reservation is made online you will be sent a confirmtion by email with instructions on checking in to the cabin. After you leave, staff will inspect the cabin and determine condition, damage and contact you about any additional charges.
- Check in time 2:00 pm
- Check out time 12:00 pm
- Occupancy is limited to 6; exceptions for additional children may be approved by the manager. No more than 6 people my use the cabin at one time. No gatherings of more than 6 are allowed in the cabin.
- Absolutely NO Pets or Smoking in Cabin. All outside pets must comply with the pet regulation (KAR 115-8-10). Summary of KAR 115-8-10 - Pets shall be controlled at all times by using any of the following: Hand-held lead not more than 10 feet in length; tethered chain or leash not more than 10 feet in length. The pet shall be under the direct observation of and control by the owner; or confined to a cage, pen, vehicle or trailer. The requirements of subsection shall not apply to dogs while being used during and as a part of any of the following acts or activities: Hunting during open hunting seasons on lands or waters open for hunting; However at no time are pets allowed in the cabin.
- Fires at cabin in approved fire ring only.
- No cooking on porch.
- No cleaning of fish or wildlife in cabin.
- No tents or campers at cabin without approval.