El Dorado State Park
State Park Office Hours
The El Dorado State Park Office
Monday - Friday 8am-4:30pm
*Boat Registration will stops 30 minutes prior to close
Walnut River ~ OPEN
Bluestem Point ~ OPEN
Shady Creek ~ OPEN
Boulder Bluff ~ OPEN
- Pool elevation is 1341.03 feet on Friday 09Sep16 Time: 0800 hours.
- At this elevation the total amount of water stored in El Dorado Lake is 175529 acre-feet.
- Reservoir release is 13 cubic feet per second on Friday 09Sep16 Time: 0600 hours.
- Flood control pool is 21.03% full.
- Flood control pool storage filled is 17340 acre-feet which is equivalent to 1.39 inches of runoff over the entire drainage basin.
- Flood control pool storage empty is 65131 acre-feet which is equivalent to 5.22 inches of runoff over the entire drainage basin.
Where to Purchase your Permits and Licenses -
2016 Park permits and licenses are available at all KDWPT Park Offices throughout the state. Permits at El Dorado State Park are also available to purchase from Camp Hosts, Gate Hosts, and all self pay stations.
Sign Up for Outdoor News!
Many Kansans are interested in the outdoors and the workings of the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism (KDWPT), but they don’t know how to keep up with the latest outdoor news. For those who would like to take advantage of Kansas outdoor opportunities and keep up to date on regulations regarding KDWPT, the agency has an easy solution — a free subscription to the KDWPT weekly email news package.
This KDWPT service saves time when you don’t know where to find information you need or you forget to periodically check the KDWPT website, www.kdwpt.state.ks.us. Camping, fishing, hunting, wildlife education, state park, hunter education, wildlife management, conservation, proposed regulations, and much more information will be delivered to your email inbox automatically.
All you have to do is go online to www.kdwpt.state.ks.us. Click "KDWPT Info" in the upper left-hand corner of the page, then click "News." Enter your email address in the white box and hit the "Subscribe" button. You will then be sent a confirmation email. (Be sure to check "junk" or "spam" email boxes if it doesn't come to your inbox.) Follow the directions in this email, and you will receive a weekly package of stories containing the latest information concerning Kansas outdoors.
Long Term Camping Facilities
Long term camping is available in the Frontier Refinery (Walnut River Campground Area #2) . Please see the camp host or the Park Office to make long term camping arrangements. Long Term Camping (30 day) monthly rate = $434.50, which includes water, electric, and sewer. (User must also possess an Annual Camp permit).