Lovewell State Park
LOVEWELL STATE PARK NEWS, NOTES AND HAPPENINGS!! Updated weekly.
Lovewell State Park Office hours are 8am to 4:30pm Monday through Saturday, closed Sunday. After office hours, please utilize the self pay station for daily vehicle and campsite permits. After Hours location for hunting/fishing license and park permit purchases: Lovewell Marina and Grill (1/2 south, 1/2 east of office); Webb's Bait andTackle (1/2 north, 4 west, 9 south, 4 west of office). Or purchase your hunting or fishing license here online.
All campground and restroom/shower facilities are now open for the season! A shower and restroom facility is also available year-round at the south door of the Lovewell Maintenance building.
Lovewell Marina and Grill is open Sunday thru Thursday, 7am to 7pm; and closing at 8:30pm on Friday/Saturday!
Visit your favorite state park (or parks) on April 23, 2016 for free, as a state park vehicle permit is not required. The Lovewell State Park office will be OPEN from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to serve you. The Lovewell State Park Open House, also on April 23rd, will have these activities for visitors:
- 5K Run/Walk 8:30 am registration at Willow Group Shelter, and the run/walk event will begin at 9am from the Willow Group Shelter location.
- 8 am to 12 pm (noon) is the 2nd Annual Adopt a Flower Program. Bring in any annual or perennial flowering plant to the state park office. Flowers will be planted at your choice of designated locations throughout the park.
Questions can be directed to the Lovewell State Park Office at (785) 753-4971
The 2016 Lovewell Spring Newsletter is now available to view and print!! Click the link below!
Lovewell Reservoir is currently at conservation pool, and water temp is 57 degrees.
Camping Cabin reservations are available up to 364 days in advance. 2015 campsite reservations for the Walleye Point, Cottonwood, and North Willow Utility Campgrounds are available at www.reserveamerica.com, or by calling the office during business hours. Remember, Kansas residents can purchase their Annual Park Passport at a reduced rate with vehicle registration at the courthouse!
Click this link for the latest Lovewell Reservoir fishing report!
Frontier, Pioneer, Pine Ridge and Sunrise Camping Cabins are designated as a "PET FRIENDLY" cabin. Customers who wish to bring their pets for their stay at these Camping Cabins will need to choose the "Pet Friendly" option on the online reservation page (or request it during a telephone reservation), and pay an add'l fee of $50.00. All other cabins remain as "No Pets Allowed". Pets must be kept outside in a kennel or on a secured chain or leash.
Special event dates for 2016 are:
- Park Open House April 23
- Free State park Entrance April 23
- Free Fishing Weekend June 4 and 5
- Kids Fishing Clinic June 12
- Sand Castle Contest June 19
- Float Your Boat Contest June 19
- Lake Association Fireworks Display ** tentative** July 2
- Lovewell Fun Day August 6
- Campground Christmas August 20/21
- Free State Park Entrance Sept 11
- 3D Archery Tournament Sept 11
All special event dates are subject to change.