Sand Hills State Park News
New projects are horse manure bunks and pads for the dumpsters to set on. Future plans include a shelter and year-round bathroom. We are working on the bunks and pads now but are hopeful to start the other plans soon.
Trail permits are no longer required at Sand Hills State Park. It is now like other state parks in Kansas where a vehicle permit is required on vehicles entering the park or parking in the lots.
Another future endeaver will be cabins. We are looking forward to having 3 cabins available for use some time soon. Plans are under way at this time. Be sure to check out the cabin at the State Fair to see what the cabins will resemble.
Healthy Fun at the State ParksLocation: Sand Hills State ParkDate: Saturday Sept. 26thTime: Tentatively 9am - 2pm Scheduled events:
- Registration in maintenance shed.
- Boy Scouts (Travis Oden) - Kayaking, BB Gun Range,
- Rednecks for Christ (Brian Teichman) - Archery
- Park Ranger (Shayn Koppes) - Nature walk and Lookout Hill,
- Campfire cookout - Hot dogs, chips, water, etc.. Will grill if too windy.
- Larry Wortman & Janice Jaggard - camphosts - help organize activities during the day.
- Potted tree give away drawing after lunch.
- Guess how many. Jars of candy or other stuff give aways. After lunch
- other events and activities not listed yet