How do I register my boat?

There are three easy ways to register your boat. Online, by mail, or in person.

For a new or reissue registration an application form is available to download or you can visit Kansas Department Wildlife & Parks, a Boat Registration Agent, State Park or Regional Office.

It is required to send in all documents for a New Boat Registration. If puchased from a private individual - a bill of sale (copy) from the individual selling the boat, or registered owner's certificate of number marked sold. If purchased from a KS Dealer a STD 8 tax form from dealer, or sales receipt showing sales tax paid. If purchased form an Out of State Dealer- a bill of sale showing sales tax paid to the other state, or if no sales tax was collected the applicant must go the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or the County Treasurer (varies according to county) and pay the sales tax and obtain a form showing sales tax paid.

Please fill out application completely and mail with required documents to:

KDWP Operations Office
512 SE 25th Ave.
Pratt, KS 67124

To renew a registration go online or visit Kansas Department of Wildlife & Parks, a State Park ,a Regional Office , or one of our many Boat Registration Agents.

For More Information