14. Do nonresident hunters have to designate hunting units?

2013 Deer FAQ

Yes. All nonresident hunters must select a deer management unit, and they may select one adjacent unit. They must select the equipment type (archery, muzzleloader, or firearm) and season choice at the time of application. A nonresident archery permit is valid only during archery season; a nonresident firearm permit is valid only during regular firearm season; and a nonresident muzzleloader permit is valid during early muzzleloader season and regular firearm season using muzzleloader or archery equipment only.