COMMISSION MEMBERS DRAW BIG GAME PERMIT WINNERS
Seven Kansas organizations named recipients of fund-raising permits
PRATT -- Seven Kansas conservation organizations were awarded 2007 Commission Big Game permits in a drawing conducted at the Kansas Wildlife and Parks Commission meeting Jan. 11 in Winfield. Of 119 organizations submitting applications, seven drew permits.
Winners of the permits include the following:
- Friends of the NRA, Ottawa chapter (deer permit);
- Friends of the NRA, Topeka chapter (deer permit);
- National Wild Turkey Federation, Lawrence chapter (elk permit);
- Pheasants Forever, Solomon Valley chapter (deer permit);
- National Wild Turkey Federation, Ottawa chapter (deer permit);
- Ducks Unlimited, Shawnee Mission chapter (deer permit); and
- Pheasants Forever, Flint Hills Chapter (deer permit).
Commission big game permits were first awarded in 2006. Winners purchase the permits and typically auction them off at their respective conventions and banquets to raise funds for conservation projects. Last year’s seven winners raised $49,000 for conservation projects in Kansas.