Wild About Kansas Photo Contest
The Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism's Wild About Kansas photo contest showcases Kansas outdoors through the lens of photographers of all skill levels.
Divided into five categories, participants can submit photos related to:
- Wildlife (game and nongame animals, primarily mammals, migratory birds, furbearers, etc.)
- Outdoor Recreation (people participating in recreational activities outdoors, not hunting or fishing)
- Landscapes (scenery; wildlife may be present, but should not be the sole focus of the image)
- Other Species (insects, reptiles, and amphibians)
- Hunting and Fishing (hunters and anglers; Photos with dead game will be accepted, however, “action” shots, or photos taken during the activity will be given preference)
-Participants can enter up to three photos total.
-Each photo will be judged on creativity, composition, subject matter, lighting and overall sharpness.
-Mailed entries and photos that do not meet the minimum file size requirements (1 MB) will NOT be accepted.
-The contest is open to both residents and non-residents of Kansas, and there is no age limit. Photos must be the participants original work and must have been taken in the state of Kansas.
-Photos from participants under the age of 18 will be placed in a youth division; all others will compete in the adult division.
-Winning entries will be featured in the 2018 Mar/Apr issue of Kansas Wildlife & Parks Magazine.
-Participants will be notified of results after the close of the contest via e-mail. Participants whose photos have been chosen for publication will be mailed a letter of congratulations and a certificate of recognition.
1. Fill out the electronic entry form below. Only one form per participant must be filled out, regardless of number of entries. You will receive a confirmation code upon successful completion.
2. E-mail your photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You MUST copy your confirmation code into the subject line of your e-mail(s); OR reply directly to the confirmation e-mail you will receive, and attach your photos to that e-mail (which will already include your confirmation code).
For questions, contact Nadia Reimer at email@example.com or call (620) 672-0785.