Wild About Kansas Photo Contest
The Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism's Wild About Kansas photo contest is designed to showcase Kansas outdoors through the lens of photographers of all skill levels.
NEW FOR 2016: Two new categories have been added, "Other Species" and "Hunting and Fishing."
Divided into five categories, participants can submit photos related to:
- Wildlife (game and nongame animals, primarily mammals, migratory birds, furbearers, etc.)
- Outdoor Recreation (people participating in recreational activities outdoors, not hunting or fishing)
- Landscapes (scenery; wildlife may be present, but should not be the sole focus of the image.)
- Other Species (insects, reptiles, and amphibians)
- Hunting and Fishing (hunters and anglers; set-up shots following a hunting or fishing trip. Photos with dead game will be accepted, however, “action” shots, or photos taken while enjoying the activity will be given preference.)
Each photo will be judged on creativity, composition, subject matter, lighting, and the overall sharpness.
The contest is open to both residents and non-residents of Kansas, and there is no age limit. Photos must be the entrants original work and must have been taken in the state of Kansas.
Photographs from participants under the age of 18 will be placed in a youth division; all others will compete in the adult division.
Winning entries will be featured in the 2017 January/February photo issue of Kansas Wildlife & Parks magazine.
Mail entry forms to:
Wild About Kansas
Attn: Nadia Marji
512 SE 25th Ave.
Pratt, KS 67124