1. General Information: Lovewell State Park offers both rustic and deluxe style camping cabins. The rustic camping cabins: Frontier and Pioneer cabins each consist of two double/four single bunks, including mattresses, to accommodate a maximum of eight adults. Southwinds, Pine Ridge and Sunrise Camping Cabins consist of two double beds and six single bunks, including mattresses, to accommodate a maximum of ten adults. Renters must provide their own bedding. Cabins are heated and cooled and have electricity. Shower and Restroom facilities are a short walking distance or a short drive from each of the cabins. A dining table and counter area are provided inside. A campfire ring, bbq grill, picnic table, and freeze-proof water hydrant are located just outside each cabin. The deluxe camping cabins: Lookout, Scout, Settler, camping cabins consist of one double bed, including mattress, and either one or two full-size sleeper sofas, to accommodate four or six adults. Pilgrim camping cabin consists of one double bed, including mattress, one full-size sleeper sofa, two kid-sized bunk beds, and full-size mattress in the loft area. Renters must provide their own bedding and towels. Deluxe Camping Cabins are heated and cooled and have electricity. They feature a dining/living area, full bath, kitchen with stove, refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, and limited kitchen equipment (pots/pans; utensils; dinnerware). A campfire ring, picnic table, and freeze-proof water hydrant are located just outside each cabin on a cement patio, below the deck. Lookout, Scout and Settler Cabins also each have a designated RV campsite with 50amp electricity & water hookup which can be rented by the cabin occupants only. Standard camping and utility rates apply, and can be rented by calling the State Park Office (785) 753-4971, during office hours. Pioneer Cabin is a designated "Pet Friendly" Cabin. Cabin renters can bring their pets into this cabin, with payment of the $50 Pet Fee. In all other cabins, pets must remain outside in a kennel or on a secured chain. Permittee must be at least 18 years of age, and someone over 18 must be present at the cabin for the duration of its occupancy.
2. Rental Fees:
- $14.00 Non-refundable reservation fee and service charge.
- $45/night basic rate fee for rustic cabins; $75/night basic rate (3 night minimum) for deluxe cabins.
- All fees are paid in advance. Cancellation or Reschedule of cabin reservation 30 days or more prior to arrival date results in a refund of fees paid, except for the $14.00 reservation fee. Cancellation or reschedule of cabin 29 days or less to 5 days prior to arrival date results in a refund of fees paid minus a one night rental fee, plus $14.00 reservation fee.Cancellation or reschedule of cabin reservation 4 days or less prior to arrival or after the arrival date will result in all fees being forfeited.
- $50.00 Pet Fee is available for the Pioneer Cabin ONLY.
- Permittee is responsible for cleanliness, condition or damages to the cabin upon check-out. Damages to the cabin upon checkout will be charged to the credit card or Paypal account used to pay for the rental.
3. Reservation Procedure:
- Cabin will be reserved when renter submits an $14.00 non-refundable reservation fee, and ALL NIGHTS/ALL ADULTS FEES IN ADVANCE by check, cash or credit card. Telephone and Online Reservations are by credit card or Paypal only. Cash and check only if reserving in person.
4. Other Regulations:
1. Cabin permits are valid from the date purchased to noon the next day.
2. Camping cabin must be occupied at least once every 24 hours.
3. Only the maximum number of adults for each cabin will be allowed in the cabin after 11 p.m. All others will be asked to leave at that time.
4. Quiet hours are from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m.
5. Other camping units (campers and/or tents) are not allowed in the area surrounding the cabin.
6. Consumption of alcoholic liquor and cereal malt beverages are allowed, but no kegs. Glass containers are discouraged.
7. No smoking inside the cabin.
8. Pets are not allowed inside the cabins, and must be kept outside on a chain, leash or kennel.
9. Trash must be removed from the cabin and discarded in dumpsters.
10. Permittee is responsible for cleanliness, condition or damages to the cabin upon check-out. Damage deposit will not be returned in the case of a violation; and permittee may be financially responsible for additional amounts depending on the degree of violation.