Turkey Permits & Tags
SECOND TURKEY GAME TAG VALID IN UNIT 2 ONLY
FALL TURKEY FEES:
- General Resident Permit: $27.50
- Resident Landowner/Tenant Permit: $15.00
- Resident Youth Permit: $7.50
- Resident Youth Game Tag: $7.50 (Game tags ONLY valid in UNIT 2)
- Resident Turkey Game Tag: $17.50 (Game tags ONLY valid in UNIT 2)
- Nonresident Permit: $52.50
- Nonresident Turkey Game Tag: $32.50 (Game tags ONLY valid in UNIT 2)
- Nonresident Youth Permit: $12.50
- Nonresident Youth Turkey Game Tag: $12.50 (Game tags ONLY valid in UNIT 2)
- Nonresident Tenant Permit: $27.50
In addition to your turkey permit, you MUST have a Kansas hunting license, unless exempt by Kansas Law.
2016 Fall Turkey Season Dates:
Archery/Shotgun Season: Oct. 1 - Nov. 29, 2016 and Dec. 12, 2016 - Jan. 31, 2017.
A Fall Turkey permit is valid in the five open Units (1, 2, 3, 5, and 6). Unit 4 is closed for fall turkey hunting. Hunters may hunt only within the management unit printed on his or her permit.
Fall Turkey Game Tags: Any individual with a fall turkey permit may purchase as many as three turkey game tags valid in Unit 2 ONLY.
Fall turkey permits and game tags may be purchased online or at any vendor location from August 1 thru January 31, 2017.
2017 SPRING TURKEY SEASON DATES:
- YOUTH/DISABLED SEASON: APRIL 1- 11, 2017
- ARCHERY SEASON: ARPIL 3 - 11, 2017
- REGULAR SEASON: APRIL 12 - MAY 31, 2017
In addition to your turkey permit and tag, you MUST have a Kansas hunting license, unless exempt by Kansas Law.
Kansas youth (15 and under) may purchase a spring turkey permit valid statewide for $7.50
Any resident or nonresident hunter may purchase a turkey permit valid in units TBD. A turkey permit is valid for one bearded turkey.
Any hunter with a spring turkey permit is eligible to purchase one (1) spring turkey game tag valid only in units TBD. A spring turkey game tag is valid for one bearded turkey.
Spring turkey permits and game tags may be purchased online or at any vendor location from January 11 through May 31, 2017.
Any resident or nonresident may purchase a Spring Turkey Permit/Game Tag Combo and save. The combo includes a permit and game tag valid in Units TBD. The combo must be purchased by March 31 and will save hunters money.
- Resident COMBO Permit/Game Tag: $37.50
- Resident Landowner/Resident Tenant COMBO Permit/Game Tag: $20.00
- Resident Youth COMBO Permit/Game Tag: $12.50
- Nonresident COMBO Permit/Game Tag: $87.50
- Nonresident Tenant COMBO Permit/Game Tag: $45.00
- Nonresident Youth COMBO Permit/Game Tag: $22.50
Spring Turkey Fees (after March 31)
- Resident Permit: $ 27.50
- Resident Landowner/Resident Tenant Permit: $15.00
- Resident Youth Permit: $ 7.50
- Resident Turkey Game Tag: $ 17.50
- Resident Youth Game Tag: $7.50
- Nonresident Permit: $ 62.50
- Nonresident Turkey Game Tag: $ 32.50
- Nonresident Youth Permit: $12.50
- Nonresident Youth Game Tag: $12.50
- Nonresident Tenant Spring Turkey Permit: $32.50
(ARCHERY or FIREARMS) - By Drawing only
Deadline to apply for Unit 4 is Feb. 10, 2017
A UNIT 4 DRAW PERMIT WILL ALSO BE VALID IN THE ADJACENT UNITS 1, 2 AND 5.
There will be no paper applications or mail in forms for 2017. All draw applications will need to be submitted thru the online application process or call 620-672-0728 to apply.
Unit 4 Spring Turkey applications accepted online from January 11 through February 10, 2017.
A total of 500 Spring Turkey Permits are available for Unit 4. Unit 4 applicants will have the opportunity to apply for a unit 4 permit and a game tag (valid for units TBD) at the reduced COMBO price.
Kansas youth (15 and under) may purchase a spring turkey permit valid statewide over the counter or online and will not need to enter the Unit 4 draw.
All fees listed below will have an internet convenience fee added at time of applying online for a permit or preference point.
UNIT 4 SPRING TURKEY APPLICATION FEES:
- Unit 4 Resident General Application: $ 32.50
- Unit 4 Resident Landowner/Tenant Application: $ 20.00
- Unit 4 Resident General Combo Permit/Game Tag Application: $ 42.50
- Unit 4 Resident Landowner/Tenant Combo Permit/Game Tag Application: $ 25.00
- Unit 4 Nonresident Tenant Application: $ 37.50
- Unit 4 Nonresident Tenant Combo Permit/Game Tag Application: $50.00
- Unit 4 Preference Point only: $6.50
There is a $6.50 nonrefundable application fee. Unsuccessful applicants will receive a refund check and be issued a preference point. If you do not want to apply for a permit and want to purchase a preference point only, you may do so online by selecting Spring Turkey Preference Point Application. Only one point may be obtained per year.
Group Hunt Application instructions:
The Group Hunt application is to accommodate those who do not want to draw unless their hunting partners draw also. Applicants must apply for the same unit. Do not mix General and Landowner/Tenant applications as group hunts; all must qualify for the same class. You must qualify for the LO/T in the unit applying for. LO/T permit allows you to hunt anywhere in the unit specified on the permit. LO/T will be awarded 50% of permits allotted for the Unit 4 computer draw. Noncompliance will result in the applications being processed as single applications without Group Hunts status. To apply online you must have group leader’s KDWP customer number to join the group. You will need to scroll down to "Limited Draw Applications" on the right. Fill in all blanks, and make sure you add same information on all Group Hunts applications.
Second Turkey Game Tags: Any individual who has purchased a Spring Turkey Permit is eligible for one second Turkey Game Tag. Spring Game Tags are valid for Units TBD . Individuals who possess a Spring Turkey Permit and Turkey Game Tag may harvest both turkeys the same day to obtain their Bag Limit .