KDWPT Mobile Aquarium
Overview - The Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks, and Tourism (KDWPT) own and operate a mobile aquarium (MA). The purpose of the MA is to increase public awareness and appreciation of Kansas’ fisheries resources, increase interest and participation in recreational fishing, and aid KDWPT in staying connected with the citizen’s of Kansas. The MA is 40 foot long and holds 3,200 gallons.
The Milford Fish Hatchery is home to the MA and the MA display fish. At events across the state of Kansas, the MA displays many Kansas sportfish and non-game fish. Species typically on display include; largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, spotted bass, white bass, striped bass, hybrid striped bass (wiper), bluegill, green sunfish, longear sunfish, channel catfish, blue catfish, flathead catfish, buffalo, common carp, walleye, sauger, saugeye, redear sunfish, black crappie, white crappie, longnose gar, spotted gar, freshwater drum and many more. Fisheries biologists are on hand at MA events passing out literature and talking with you the public about the state's fish resources.
If you think the aquarium would be a great addition to your event, please submit an application. The application is due the November prior to the year of your event. Due to the effort required for travel and set up, the aquarium can only travel to 2 or 3 events every year including the Kansas State Fair in September. In addition to the requirements listed on the application, the event must be open to the general public and span at least two days.
- September 19-18: Kansas State Fair
- June 24-25: The Bass Federation Central Championship and KS High School Bass Championship
- February 11-13: Topeka Boat and Outdoor Show
- September 10-19: Kansas State Fair
- July 29-31: Finney County Fair
- May 14-15: Wichita River Fesitval
- Mar 6-7: AMBUCS Fest, Salina
- Septemeber 11-20: Kansas State Fair
- May 15-16: Wichita River Festival
- May 2: Black Hoof Park Grand Opening and Lake Lenexa Re-opening
- February 6-8: Topeka Boat and Outdoor Show (View Photos)
Kansas Department of Wildlife & Parks
512 SE 25th Ave., Pratt KS 67124
Or use this form to email your questions and comments to KDWPT