Special Event Permits
Special events conducted on KDWP managed lands and waters require special event permits if one of the following conditions exists:
- An entrance, admission, or participation fee is charged;
- Food, merchandise, or services are offered for sale;
- The exclusive use of a facility or a specified land or water area is required;
- An organized or advertised competition will be conducted;
- Sound will be amplified that may disrupt area users; or
- Temporary structures, other than blinds or common camping equipment, will be erected.
An event sponsored by KDWP does not require a special event permit. Applications for special event permits are available at KDWP offices. Each application for a special event permit shall be made to KDWP not less than five weekdays before the event. The special event permit fee is negotiated based on event type, required services, and lost revenue; the maximum fee is $200. Payment must accompany each application.