Fishing Application and Fees
Persons age 16 through 74, who have been bona fide residents of the state for 60 days immediately prior to buying a license, must have a resident license in possession while fishing in Kansas. All nonresidents 16 and older must have a valid nonresident license to fish in Kansas (unless fishing on a private pond not leased for public fishing). All licenses expire 365 days from the date of purchase, except for multi-year, five-day, lifetime, and one-day fishing licenses.
Kansas residents age 65 - 74 are required to have a hunting and/or fishing license. A reduced price lifetime combination hunting/fishing license or a half price annual fishing, annual hunting, or combination annual license is available for purchase. (see list below for fees)
MULTI-YEAR YOUTH LICENSE: A youth license is available for residents age 16-20. The one-time purchase, fishing license is $42.50, multi-year hunting/fishing combination license is $72.50. This multi-year license expires on Dec. 31 of the year the person turns 21.
National Guard Permit
State funding in the amount of $60,000 annually has been made available to provide free fishing and hunting licenses to active members of the Kansas National Guard. DO NOT FAX!
KS Disabled Veterans:
State funding has been made available to provide free Hunting and Fishing licenses to resident Disabled Veterans with at least 30% disability. Applicant must provide a copy of current disabled veterans entitlement papers showing proof of at least 30% disability.
Fishing License or Permit / Fee
- Lifetime Senior Resident Hunt/Fish Combination: $42.50
- Senior Resident Fish: $15.00
- Senior Resident Combination Hunt/Fish: $25.00
- Resident 1-Day Fish License: $8.50
- Resident Fishing: $27.50
- Resident Combination Fish & Hunt: $47.50
- 5 Year Resident Fish License: $102.50
- Lifetime Fishing(Residents only): $502.50 - (If paid in 8 quarterly payments $69.00)
- Combo Lifetime Fishing & Hunting (Residents only): $962.50 - (If paid in 8 quarterly payments$131.50)
- Nonresident Fishing: $52.50
- Nonresident Combination Fish & Hunt: $137.50
- Nonresident Five-Day Fishing: $27.50
- Nonresident 1-Day Fishing: 14.50
Resident/Nonresident Additional Permits
Trout Permit: $14.50
Paddlefish Permit: $12.50
Youth (15 and younger) Paddlefish Permit: $7.50
Hand Fishing Permit: $27.50
Bass Pass: $14.50
Three Pole Permit: $8.50
Duplicates (All Licenses/Permits): $12.50