Are Kansas state parks open?
Yes! Kansas state parks, fishing lakes and wildlife areas are open to the public – including campgrounds, boat ramps and restroom facilities. State park offices are temporarily closed to the public but staff will answer the phone during regular business hours.

KDWPT continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 Coronavirus crisis and remains vigilant in implementing appropriate safety protocols to ensure public use areas remain safe and open to the public.

In counties with local Stay At Home mandates, KDWPT will work with local officials regarding any other restrictions.

Is KDWPT considering waiving fishing license fees?

No. KDWPT is funded solely from the sale of licenses and permits, and that funding is crucial to keeping gates and facilities open and law enforcement in place.

From Secretary Brad Loveless, “During this time of unprecedented changes, there is value in those things that can stay consistent. We’re committed to keeping Kansas’ state parks, state fishing lakes and wildlife areas open so that Kansans can continue to safely enjoy the outdoors. To achieve this, we must keep game wardens, public land managers, and park staff working in the field.”

Are USACE properties the same as KDWPT properties?
No. USACE stands for “U.S. Army Corps of Engineers” – a federal agency under the Department of Defense. KDWPT, the “Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism,” is a state agency. Though often adjoined, KDWPT state parks are separate from U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) facilities.


Do I still need a fishing license?
Yes. All license requirements, length and creel limits, and public land regulations remain in effect.


Is the spring turkey season going to be cancelled?
No. All upcoming seasons will open as planned, including the spring turkey season.


Is the nonresident deer draw still taking place?
Yes. The application period for the 2020 Kansas nonresident deer draw is April 1-24. Applications can be made online here,


How do I register my boat if offices are closed?
To register a vessel for the first time, complete the “Application for Certificate of Number Kansas Boating Act Form” here, Then, mail it with the $42.50 registration fee to: KDWPT Pratt Operations Office, Attn: Boat Registration, 512 SE 25th Ave., Pratt, KS 67124. 

To renew a boat registration, visit and click “Boat Renewal.”


Can I still camp overnight at Kansas state parks?
Yes. All Kansas state parks remain open, and campsites, cabins and yurts can be reserved online through and KDWPT’s mobile app – CampIt KS.

To download the CampIt KS mobile app to your Android device, visit To download the CampIt KS mobile app to your Apple/iOS device, visit


Are KDWPT offices staying open?
No. Beginning March 23, 2020, KDWPT will temporarily close regional and district offices for two weeks; however, state park staff will work in limited capacities to ensure Kansas’ state parks remain open to the public, and that park facilities are regularly cleaned and disinfected.