April 3, 2014

Nonresidents must apply online for limited deer permits

PRATT – Nonresidents who want to hunt deer in Kansas this fall must apply online for the limited number of nonresident deer permits by April 25, 2014. Season information, application instructions, permit quotas, as well as last year’s drawing statistics can all be viewed on the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism’s (KDWPT) website, www.ksoutdoors.com.

Just more than 22,000 nonresident white-tailed deer combo permits were authorized for 2014, the same as last year. In addition, 266 mule deer stamps are allocated in Units 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 16, 17 and 18. Nonresidents who wish to hunt mule deer must apply for a mule deer stamp. If they draw a muzzleloader or archery whitetail permit in one of these units, they will then be entered into the drawing for a mule deer stamp. Those who draw a mule deer stamp will receive a combo permit valid for one white-tailed or mule deer, buck or doe, and one white-tailed antlerless deer.

Only online applications will be accepted, and applicants will be taken through the process step-by-step on KDWPT’s website. General nonresident white-tailed deer combo permits are $346.96, including application and convenience fees. The Mule Deer Stamp is $102.50. Nonresident youth white-tailed deer combo permits (hunters 15 and younger) are $116.34. All nonresident permits are combo permits and include one either-sex whitetail tag and one antlerless whitetail only tag.

For more information go to www.ksoutdoors.com or phone 620-672-0728.