Sound Producing Devices

A sound producing device can be a whistle or horn.

All motorboats are required to carry a mechanical sound producing device such as a horn or whistle that is audible up to one mile. Vessels 40 feet and longer are also required to carry a bell made of proper material to sound a tone that may be heard during inclement weather.

PWCs are considered a motorboat and must carry a sound producing device.