Smoky Hill/Kanopolis Waterfowl Report -
| Waterfowl numbers
|| 500 ducks; 40 Canada geese
| Water level
|| 1463.78 ft and declining. Summer conservation level is 1467 ft. Winter conservation level is 1463;
| Hunting conditions
|| Poor with limited cover on shorelines and low lake levels; backwaters on refuge dry due to drought
Refuge is CLOSED to all access from September 1st through January 31st.
TEAL, LOW PLAINS ZONE
- Season: 09/10/2022 - 09/25/2022
- Area open: East of Hwy. U. S. 283
- Daily bag limit: 6 teal (any combination of teal: blue-winged, green-winged or cinnamon teal)
- Possession limit: 18 teal in possession (any combination of teal: blue-winged, green-winged or cinnamon teal)
- Stamps Required: Kansas HIP Permit, State Waterfowl Stamp, Federal Waterfowl Stamp
Click HERE for duck season, regulation, and research information.
Additional information about hunting at Kanopolis Reservoir can be found HERE