NEOSHO WILDLIFE AREA YOUTH WATERFOWL CLASSIC REGISTRATION DEADLINE OCT. 5
Participants learn all aspects of waterfowl hunting on Oct. 17; registration deadline Oct. 5
ST. PAUL — The Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks (KDWP) will host the a Youth Waterfowl Classic from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 17. The morning activities will be held at the Osage Mission Neosho County Museum in St. Paul with the doors opening at 8:30 a.m. Instruction and equipment, as well as lunch and drinks, will be provided at no cost.
Some of the events scheduled for the Waterfowl Classic include the following:
- duck and goose calling techniques – Casey Self, RNT Calls;
- decoy placement – Kenny Thompson, Avery Decoys;
- dog handling;
- wingshooting instruction – live fire, shells and shotguns provided at no cost;
- shotgun patterning – shells provided;
- yardage estimation; and
- waterfowl rules and regulations, including identification on-the-wing.
While the program is geared toward youth, adults may attend if they bring at least one youngster who has never hunted or is just beginning to experience the exciting world of waterfowl hunting. All youth participants will receive free waterfowl gear.
This should be an informative event for all waterfowl hunters regardless of experience level. Pre-registration is required by Oct. 5 at 5 p.m. Register by calling the Neosho Wildlife Area Office at 620-449-2539. Leave a message if no one answers, and your call will be returned as soon as possible.