Walk-In Fishing Access Logo Contest
The Fishing Impoundments and Stream Habitats (F.I.S.H.) program was first introduced to Kansas anglers and landowners in 1998. The program was patterned after the highly successful Walk-In Hunting Access (WIHA) program, with the goal of increasing public fishing opportunities in Kansas. Through F.I.S.H, the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism (KDWPT) leases private waters for public fishing, providing anglers with exciting new places to fish while leaving the land in private ownership.
Beginning in 2020, KDWPT is renaming the (F.I.S.H.) program to the Walk-In Fishing Access (WIFA) program. The Department hopes that this change will help bring more recognition to the program, which opens approximately 57 miles of streams, 1850 acres of private ponds and lakes, and 8 river access sites to public fishing.
Help KDWPT celebrate the renaming of this program by entering a design in the WIFA logo contest! The winning designer will receive $2,500, and have their logo featured on signs, informational literature, KDWPT’s website, and more! See contest rules below.
For questions please email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entries must be submitted at KSoutdoors.com/WIFA_Logo
- Only original artwork will be considered, copyrighted images may not be used.
- Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
- Entries must be submitted in black and white. A color version of the logo may be submitted in addition to the black and white logo.
- Entry submissions must be a high-resolution vector based EPS file.
- Participants may submit no more than three unique designs.
- Entries must be received by March 1, 2020.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age by March 1, 2020 to participate.
- Contest runs January 1 – March 1, 2020.
- The contest winner will be determined by KDWPT Fisheries Access Committee members, and will be notified within 60 days of the submission deadline.
- The contest winner will receive $2,500 in exchange for providing KDWPT a royalty free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and perpetual license to use the submitted artwork for advertising, promotional, or educational purposes.
- KDWPT reserves the right to not choose a contest winner if no suitable entries are received.
- KDWPT employees and immediate family will not be eligible for this contest.
View more information about Kansas Fisheries on the Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/KDWPTFisheries