Antelope and Elk Permits
2018 Antelope Application Deadline: June 8, 2018
FIREARMS and MUZZLELOADER
- Western portions of the state have a limited competitive draw for firearm and muzzleloader permits.
- All applications will need to be submitted thru the online application process.
- Applicants must apply online from May 8 thru June 8, 2018 or by phone 620-672-0728.
- All fees listed below will have an internet convenience fee added at time of applying online for a permit or preference point.
ANTELOPE APPLICATION FEES:
- General Resident Application: $62.50
- Resident Landowner/Resident Tenant Application: $37.50
- Resident Youth Application ( age 15 and under): $22.50
- NR Tenant Application: $97.50
- Preference Point only: $11.50
A preference point will be given to those applicants who are unsuccessful in the Resident Draw. If you do not want to apply for a permit and want to purchase a preference point only, select preference point only online for $11.50 from May 8 thru June 8, 2018. Only one preference point may be obtained per year.
FIREARMS and MUZZLELOADER
Western portions of the state have a limited competitive draw for firearm and muzzleloader permits. These permits have a unit number printed on it and you are required to hunt within that geographic area. Be sure to consult the maps before hunting. Pratt Operations Office
Archery: Oct. 31, 2018
Open Archery antelope permits have been available to residents since 1990. Recent annual sales have averaged about 115 resident archery permits, and with a 10 to 12 percent success rate among archery hunters, harvest impact on the pronghorn population by archery hunters has been minimal. Archery permits may be purchased at any licensed agent from August 1 through Oct. 31, 2018.
- Archery Antelope (general resident) $52.50
- Archery Antelope (resident landowner/resident tenant) $27.50
- Archery Antelope (resident youth 15 and younger) $12.50
- Archery Antelope (nonresident) $302.50
- Archery Antelope (nonresident youth 15 and younger) $102.50
- Archery Antelope (nonresident tenant) $87.50
2018 Antelope Season Dates:
- Firearms Season: Oct. 5 - Oct. 8, 2018
- Archery Season: Sept. 22 - 30 AND Oct. 13 - Oct. 31, 2018
- Muzzleloader Season: Oct. 1 - Oct. 8, 2018
- Shooting Hours: One-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset.
2018 ELK DRAW Application Deadline: July 13, 2018
All applications will need to be submitted thru the online application process.
Applicants must apply online from June 12 thru July 13, 2018 or apply by phone 620-672-0728. Fee to apply for an elk permit or purchase a bonus point is $12.81.
Military permits are only available for active duty military personnel stationed at Fort Riley. All other eligible persons must apply for general permits.
For the limited draw elk permits, each applicant shall have an additional opportunity in the draw for each bonus point earned. Bonus points are awarded as follows:
One (1) bonus point shall be awarded for each year the applicant is unsuccessful in obtaining a draw permit for the taking of an elk. If the applicant does not want to apply for a permit, they may purchase a bonus point during the application period.
When an applicant obtains an elk permit thru the draw, or if the applicant fails to make at least one application or purchase one bonus point within five consecutive years, all earned bonus points will be lost. Applicant cannot apply for a permit and purchase a bonus point in the same year.
Permit fees will be collected from successful applicants only.
Elk - Firearms (Any Elk)
- General Resident: $302.50
- Landowner/Tenant: $152.50
- Resident Youth (15 and younger): $127.50
- Nonresident Tenant: $152.50
- General resident: $152.50
- Landowner/Tenant: $77.50
- Resident Youth (15 and younger): $52.50
- Nonresident Tenant: $77.50
Units open for elk hunting were expanded in 2006 Commission Meeting to statewide use, except that UNIT 1 in Morton County is closed to elk hunting.
Elk hunting on and around Fort Riley was initiated in 1990. Most of the hunting opportunity occurs on the military base, but unlimited hunt-own-land permits have been allocated off the base since 1999, and additional units were opened to hunting in 2003.
An unlimited number of resident and landowner/tenant Either-sex Elk permits or Antlerless-only Elk permits authorized for Unit 3 are over-the-counter at vendor locations through March 15, 2018.
Unlimited Hunt-own-land Either-sex Elk permits or Antlerless-only Elk permits authorized for Units 2 and 3 are available over-the counter at vendor locations through March 15, 2019. Hunt own land permits are valid during any season with equipment authorized for that season.
2018 ELK SEASON DATES
Season dates OUTSIDE FORT RILEY
- Muzzleloader Season: Sept. 1 - 30, 2018 (Statewide except Fort Riley, Subunit 2a, and Unit 1)
- Archery Season: Sept.17 - Dec. 31, 2018 (Statewide except Fort Riley, Subunit 2a, and Unit 1)
- Firearms Season: Aug. 1 - Aug. 31, Nov. 28 - Dec. 9, 2018 and Jan. 1 - Mar. 15, 2019 (Statewide except Fort Riley, Subunit 2a, and Unit 1)
Season dates ON FORT RILEY
- Muzzleloader and Archery Season: Sept. 1 - 30, 2018
- Firearms Season for Holders of Any-Elk Permits: Oct. 1 - Dec. 31, 2018
- Firearms Antlerless First Segment: Oct. 1- Oct. 31, 2018
- Firearms Antlerless Second Segment: Nov. 1 - Nov. 30, 2018
- Firearms Antlerless Third Segment: Dec. 1 - Dec. 31, 2018