Big Game Seasons
- Nonresident Deer Permit Draw: Application period April 1 thru April 30, 2021
- Resident Any-Deer Firearms Permit Draw: Application period May 11 thru June 11, 2021
- Resident Whitetail Any Season Permit: Purchase through Dec 31, 2021
- Resident Archery: Purchase through Dec. 31, 2021
- Hunt-own-Land Deer Permit: Purchase through Dec. 31, 2021
- Antlerless Whitetail Deer Permit: Purchase through Jan 31, 2022
Youth and Disability: Sept. 4 - Sept. 12, 2021
Youth 16 and younger, who possess a valid deer permit, may hunt during this special deer season only while under the immediate supervision of an adult 18 or older. Any person who possesses a valid deer permit and has a permit to hunt from a vehicle pursuant to KAR 115-18-4 or a disability assistance permit issued pursuant to KAR 115-18-15 may also hunt during this season. All resident and nonresident permits are valid, and equipment restrictions designated on permits apply. Hunter orange is required.
Muzzleloader: Sept. 13 - Sept. 26, 2021
The following permits may be used during this season in units specified on permit, using muzzleloader or archery equipment: resident or nonresident Muzzleloader Either-species/Either-sex Permit, resident Any-Season White-tailed Deer Permit, nonresident Muzzleloader White-tailed Deer Permit, Hunt-Own-Land Permit, Special Hunt-Own-Land Permit, Antlerless White-tailed Deer Permit, and Antlerless Either-Species Deer Permit. Hunter orange clothing is required
Archery: Sept. 13 - Dec. 31, 2021
Pre-Rut Firearm Whitetail Antlerless-Only: Oct. 9 - Oct. 11, 2021
Any permit that allows the harvest of a whitetailed antlerless deer is valid during this season. Equipment and unit restrictions on permit imposed. Hunter orange clothing is required. Ft. Riley unit CLOSED for pre-rut season.
Regular Firearm: Dec. 1 - Dec. 12, 2021
- 1st Extended WAO: Jan. 1 - 9, 2022 Units TBD
- 2nd Extended WAO: Jan. 1 - 16, 2022 Units TBD
- 3rd Extended WAO: Jan. 1 - 23, 2022 Units TBD
Extended Archery Whitetail Antlerless-Only Deer Seasons: Jan. 24 - 31, 2022 (Unit DMU 19 ONLY)
Number of Whitetail Antlerless-Only (WAO) Permits a hunter may purchase is 5 but they may use them as follows:
- The first antlerless whitetail permit shall be valid for units 1 thru 17 and 19, including KDWPT managed public hunting areas within those units.
- Four additional antlerless whitetail permits may be issued to the same individual and are valid only in units TBD on private lands with landowner permission, Walk-In Hunting Areas, and Glen Elder, Kanopolis, Lovewell, Norton, Webster and Wilson Wildlife Areas and Kirwin National Wildlife Refuge.
NO ANTLERLESS WHITETAIL PERMITS VALID IN UNIT 18.
- Shooting Hours: One-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset.
Youth & Disability: Oct. 9-11, 2021
Archery: Sept. 13 - Dec. 31, 2021
Firearm: Nov. 26-28, Dec. 18-23 and Dec. 26-28, 2021
Archery by Fort Riley Special Authorization: Sept. 1-12, 2021 and Jan. 1-31, 2022
Pre-Rut Firearms Whitetail Antlerless Only: CLOSED ON FT. RILEY UNIT 8A
Firearm: Dec. 1 - 12, 2021
Firearm: Nov. 13-14, Nov. 20-21, Nov. 25-28, Dec. 4-5, Dec. 11-12, 2021
Extended Firearm Whitetail Antlerless-Only Deer Season: Jan. 1- 23, 2022
Extended Archery Whitetail Antlerless-Only Deer Season: Jan. 24-31, 2022
Firearm AND Muzzleloader permit application deadline: June 11, 2021
Archery permits may be purchased through: Oct. 31, 2021
Archery: Sept. 18-26 and Oct. 9 -31, 2021
Muzzleloader: Sept. 27 - Oct. 4, 2021
Firearm: Oct. 1-4, 2021
Shooting Hours: One-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset.
Permit pplication deadline: June 11, 2021
Hunt-Own-Land Elk purchase deadline: March 15, 2022
- Muzzleloader: Sept. 1-30, 2021
- Archery: Sept. 13 - Dec. 31, 2021
- Firearm: Aug. 1-31, Dec. 1-12, 2021 and Jan. 1-Mar. 15, 2022
- Muzzleloader/Archery: Sept. 1-30, 2021
- Firearm Season (for Any-Elk Permit Holders): Oct. 1-Dec. 31, 2021
- Firearm, First Segment: Oct. 1-31, 2021
- Firearm, Second Segment: Nov. 1-30, 2021
- Firearm, Third Segment: Dec. 1-31, 2021