Buy Spring Turkey Combo Before April 1 And Save
PRATT – Counting the days until Kansas’ spring turkey season? Buy your permits and tags in March and you can also count the money you’ll save. Through March 31, residents and nonresidents can save by purchasing their Spring Turkey Combo permit, which includes a spring turkey permit and a turkey game tag.
The turkey permit allows the taking of one bearded bird. The game tag allows for a second and can only be purchased after a turkey permit is purchased.
Youth turkey permits are valid in all of Kansas’ six turkey management units. All other turkey permits and game tags available over the counter are valid in turkey units 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6. A limited number of adult permits for Unit 4 (southwest) were allocated through a drawing.
Take a look at these savings!
- Resident Spring Turkey Combo – $37.50; if purchased separately – $27.50 and $17.50
- Resident Youth Spring Turkey Combo – $12.50; if purchased separately – $7.50 for each
- Resident Landowner/Tenant Spring Turkey Combo – $20; if purchased separately – $15 and $17.50
- Nonresident Spring Turkey Combo – $87.50; if purchased separately – $62.50 and $32.50
- Nonresident Youth Spring Turkey Combo – $22.50; if purchased separately – $12.50 each
- Nonresident Landowner/Tenant Spring Turkey Combo – $45; if purchased separately – $32.50 each
Unless exempt, a valid hunting license is required in addition to the turkey permit and game tag: resident hunting license: $27.50, nonresident hunting license – $97.50, and nonresident youth hunting license – $42.50.
The 2019 spring turkey season runs April 1-16 for youth and hunters with disabilities and April 8-16 for archery. The regular season is April 17-May 31.
Spring Turkey Combos, turkey permits, game tags and hunting licenses can be purchased at the more than 600 license outlets across the state and online at www.kshuntfishcamp.com. Find everything you need to know about spring turkey hunting in Kansas at www.ksoutdoors.com.