El Dorado State Park
El Dorado State Park Office- OPEN
Summer Hours are now in effect:
Monday - Thursday 8:00-4:30 PM
Friday & Saturday 8:00-6:00PM
All campgrounds are open and reservable!!!!
- 0.46 ft ABOVE normal
- Pool elevation is 1339.46 feet on Tuesday 18May21 Time: 09:00 hours.
- At this elevation the total amount of water stored in El Dorado Lake is 161664 acre-feet.
- Reservoir release is 9 cubic feet per second on Tuesday 18May21 Time: 09:00 hours.
- Flood control pool is 4.21% full.
- Flood control pool storage filled is 3475 acre-feet which is equivalent to 0.28 inches of runoff over the entire drainage basin.
- Flood control pool storage empty is 78996 acre-feet which is equivalent to 6.33 inches of runoff over the entire drainage basin.
Where to Purchase your Permits and Licenses -
Permits at El Dorado State Park are available to purchase from Park Office & WR Gate Host
Sign Up for Outdoor News!
Many Kansans are interested in the outdoors and the workings of the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism (KDWPT), but they don’t know how to keep up with the latest outdoor news. For those who would like to take advantage of Kansas outdoor opportunities and keep up to date on regulations regarding KDWPT, the agency has an easy solution — a free subscription to the KDWPT weekly email news package.
This KDWPT service saves time when you don’t know where to find information you need or you forget to periodically check the KDWPT website, www.kdwpt.state.ks.us. Camping, fishing, hunting, wildlife education, state park, hunter education, wildlife management, conservation, proposed regulations, and much more information will be delivered to your email inbox automatically.
All you have to do is go online to www.kdwpt.state.ks.us. Click "KDWPT Info" in the upper left-hand corner of the page, then click "News." Enter your email address in the white box and hit the "Subscribe" button. You will then be sent a confirmation email. (Be sure to check "junk" or "spam" email boxes if it doesn't come to your inbox.) Follow the directions in this email, and you will receive a weekly package of stories containing the latest information concerning Kansas outdoors.
Long Term Camping Facilities
Long term camping is available in the Frontier (Walnut River Campground Area #2) . Please see the camp host or the Park Office to make long term camping arrangements. Long Term Camping (30 day) monthly rate = $606.50, which includes water, electric, and sewer. (User must also possess an Annual Camp and vehicle permit).