Prairie Dog State Park News

June 29, 2018

The blue green algae warning has been lifted. The swimming beach is now open. All lake activities are allowed.

For more information about blue green algae, visit

Office hours are Monday to Thursday, Saturday and Sunday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.

** A vehicle permit is required for all vehicles to enter the park**

There is NO HUNTING ALLOWED in the State Park. Please feel free to contact the office with any questions.

Please visit to make your reservations online. All Licenses and Permits can be purchased online through KDWPT.

Prairie Dog State Park also has four cabins available. Cedar Crest and Cottonwood are primitive cabins (no water) while Prairie Dog and Eagle View are modern cabins with running water. Call for a reservation, or reserve a cabin on our website! All cabins have heating and air conditioning, a refrigerator and a microwave.

Cabin Renters--Please make sure to contact the park office at (785) 877-2953 within 48 hours of your arrival to obtain your key code. 

Please remember to always wear your life jacket when you're on the water, it could save your life. 

If you have questions pertaining to the park, call the park office at (785) 877-2953.

Questions pertaining to the Norton Wildlife Area or hunting should be directed to Luke Winge, NORR Manager at (785) 877-2953.

Questions pertaining to fishing should be directed to Mark Shaw, Fisheries Biologist at (785) 425-6775.

Questions for a Conservation Officer should be directed to the Hays Regional Office at (785) 628-8614.