Kansas State Parks October 1st Schedule
Cedar Bluff State Park:
- For BCBS activity we are sponsoring Pokemon Go. The event will run from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm. CDBP office will be open for registration. Staff will be roaming the park to register people that don't stop at the office and assist participants that are new to Pokemon. The event is self guided by using your cell phone to find Pokemon. Participants that complete the activity will be eligible to win a Pokemon/Cedar Bluff tee-shirt.
Cheney State Park:
- Guided trail hike (AC and FTE staff) starting at 9:00 am at the CHSP office, office will be open with refreshments, outdoor store sale, tent give-away by registering at the office that day.
Clinton State Park:
- Oct. 1, 6:00 p.m. Shelter #6, Campground #3 animal program: “Snake Scales and Turtle Tails”
Crawford State Park:
- A historic trail hike at 1pm on Saturday. Participants are to meet at the CCC trail head. No preregistration is required. At 3pm there will be a kayak tour of the lake. Due to limited availability of kayaks preregistration at the park office is required. Interested individuals should contact the park office at 620-362-3671.
Cross Timbers State Park:
- Archery Clinic 10 to Noon, Toronto Point Area
Eisenhower State Park:
- Oct 1 Kayaking on Saturday morning. Starting around 8 am, finishing around noon. We will provide the kayaks and canoes. Participants must sign release form. For details call 785-528-4102.
El Dorado State Park:
- Archery Clinic - We will have the office open and doing an archery clinic from 10-12.
Elk City State Park:
- A trail hike on the Green Thumb trail at 1pm. Participants should meet at the trail head. The will also be a bike tour of the South Squaw area at 11 am. Participants will meet at the park's day use area and then proceed down the trail. For more information you may call the park office at 620-331-6295.
Fall River State Park:
- Guided Sunrise Hike - 7 a.m. Meet at the Fredonia Bay Gatehouse to hike the Turkey Run Trail
- Guided Sunset Hike - 6 p.m. Meet at the Kids Fishing Pond to hike the Casner Creek Trail
Hillsdale State Park:
- Oct 1, the park office will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Staff will conduct a nature hike at 1:00pm. Assemble at the park office at 1:00pm. The hike will travel along the Hidden Springs Nature Trail, about 2 miles ending back at the State Park Office.
Kanopolis State Park:
- Three guided trail hikes on Buffalo Track Canyon Nature Trail on October 1 starting at 9AM, 11 AM & 2PM. Park office will also be open that day for people to take advantage of the 20% discount on outdoor items.
Lake Scott State Park:
- Photo Scavenger Hunt - Our event will begin at 10 am with everyone meeting at office. Plan on opening office at 9 to 2. Would like to wrap up event by 12 or 1. Scavenger hunt where you have to take photos, such as where did Herbert and Eliza live, where sand meets water, etc.
Lovewell State Park:
- Will be having a photo scavenger hunt in the park. Event will be from 9 am to 12 pm. Participants will meet at the State Park Office 8:30-9:00 am prior to the start of the event.
Milford State Park:
- Friends Group is having a "Walk-A-Thon" and we will be doing "Color with a Ranger" Also we will be hosting the Junction City High School XC Meet!! Plenty of being active in that scenario!
Perry State Park:
- Antique car parade through the park at around 2:30 p.m. and we will have activities for kids at the park office.
Pomona State Park:
- Oct 1 Hike FHNT from K-368 to Vassar. The hike will start at 1:00 p.m. and last about 1 hour.
Prairie Dog State Park:
- Guided nature trail hike and StoryWalk beginning at 10:00 am, meet at the nature trail. Office will be open 9 am to 1 pm.
Prairie Spirit Trail:
- Oct 1 Kids Trail Activity books available at the Old Depot Museum, Ottawa, KS 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Prairie Spirit Trail and Flint Hills Nature Trail open for free hiking and biking.
Sandhills State Park:
- Office open and AC staff will lead a guided trail hike starting from the SHSP office at 1:00.
Tuttle CreekState Park:
- A twilight hike on that day. It will be an evening hike, meet at park office at 6:15 pm Campfire and S’mores afterwards. Bring flashlights or glow sticks since it will end in darkness.
Webster State Park:
- Pickleball Tournament 8 am to ? at the Loren Newell Memorial Court; Cabin Open House 9 am to noon at Bluewing Bungalow.
Wilson State Park:
- A guided hike on the Cedar Trail starting at 1 pm. This hike should last roughly an hour. If we have enough people that want we will also hike the Dakota Trail this hike will also take an hour.